Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pile' O' Fun

Laundry.... oh laundry! Laundry in our house is ridiculous! You would think I was washing clothes for the Gosslings (you know Jon and Kate Plus 8 =). I have to average at least two- three loads every day just to maintain the hampers from overflowing into every room of the house. May not seem like much, but that means if I were one of those one time a week laundry doers, I would have to do about 15-20 loads on that day. It's pretty much a constant thing that I am never totally caught up on. Well, one of the biggest downfalls of our house is that we don't have a laundry room- just a laundry closet, which is luckily at least off an open part of our spacious kitchen. So if a few days have passed since I have done laundry- which is what happened over the Thanksgiving holiday- I take up about a 6'x8' area in our kitchen to spread out and sort the mountains of laundry. If it's not just clothes from a family of four- it's sheets from three beds, rugs, towels from four people, blankets, the 10 wash clothes and dish rags I go through a day between wiping messes/faces/dishes. You get the idea- and there is really no point to me telling you this other than to try to make myself an excuse for the embarrassing disaster you are about to see, but i just can't help but share the laughs...


As I said- by Friday after Thanksgiving I had not done laundry since about Tuesday and I knew I had to get caught up. I spread my junk all over and got distracted into doing something else. I was sitting at the kitchen island talking to Ryan and I turned around and died laughing. Maybe this is one of those you had to be there kind of moments, but I promise on my life, this was not in the slightest staged. I turned around and found this...

Just an insane mess of laundry right?? Wrong! This is a pile of hide and seek fun! We seem to love this game at our house- so we will play it again (if you remember my "day in the life" post). Do you see Bennett in the picture above?!? I'll give you a hint- he is wearing brown pants and one sock. Did you find him??There he is!!! Haha, maybe I have an elementary sense of humor, but it makes me laugh out loud just looking at it again. These kids can make fun out of anything and make me laugh daily. Who knew my spread of laundry would be a play field for these clever kids?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so so funny.... I could not find him until you told me.... you are the best mom and so real and sincere in your love for those kids and enjoying every minute. I only wish all the moms could have the opportunity that you do. God Bless you Stephy, Mom

Anonymous said...

You are a great Mom - even with the piles of laundry. What really is bad is when the piles are so big that even a grandpa can get lost in them. By the way, as much as some of us are accused of being old, I did see that little foot sticking out.

Love you all,

Dad