So today was the big day in this Braithwait house. I look forward to this time every year-- Ryan and I filled out our NCAA March Madness brackets today! Ryan kind of laughs at me I think because, honestly I am not one of those "every guys dream wife" kind of girls that is totally into sports- and nor do I pretend to be! I love the spirit of sports but often could care less about the actual games. Well maybe that's why I love March Madness, and maybe it has some to do with Ryan and I loving to get a little competitive every once in a while (all in good fun of course). I think for me it really all started when we were in high school and working at the church. We had a competition and whoever on the staff and maintenance crew won, got a gift card to a restaurant or something if I remember right. Anyways, completely ignorant and pulling guesses out of my hind end, I about won the darn thing the 1st time I ever filled one out. Ever since, I get so pumped about it. So the deed is done and the brackets are on the fridge just waiting for Thursday to get here. We are even very possessive over the filling out process and Ryan likes to think I want to cheat from him (ha, he better just wait...). I take about 45 minutes to fill mine out, carefully picturing in my mind to make sure I pick all the right upsets while not just picking the better seed to win each game. Ryan boasts about his fill out time of five minutes and claims with each pick you can "lock it up". So we will see whose strategy prevails this year... I must admit last year I got my tail whooped- but that's mainly because last year was the best year to "play it safe" as Ryan likes to do ;-). One thing we do both have in common of course, is we are both rooting on our beloved Tigers! Go Memphis!




No comments:
Post a Comment