Sunday, March 29, 2009

Music Preference

This is going to make some of you cringe, but I am stepping up to confess.... I like country music. I realize some of it is terrible, but for the most part I like it, sorry to those of you country haters , I hope you won't hold it against me!

So this morning, we got in the car and my radio was on the local country music station, as it often is, and the newest song by Trace Atkins came on- called "I'm Gonna Marry for Money"- not my favorite song, but that's beside the point. Hannah Grace seemed to be really enjoying this song, and when it was over she was very upset and began to cry "Donka Donk!! Donka Donk!!" I looked at Ryan laughing in disbelief.

Let me rewind a little-there is this song, that I have always gotten a kick out of, despite getting picked on for it, and Hannah Grace just happens to LOVE this song. She has cried for me to put it on before, but honestly it has been a long time since we had listened to it. Okay, I'm telling you already! The song is- "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" by..... TRACE ADKINS! That's right- hearing his song on the radio spurred her on to want to listen to her favorite song, also by him. I was just so impressed that she made that connection- I am telling ya'll this girl has an ear!!! So anyways, I dug through my CDs to fulfill the girl's request and we listened to "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" as Hannah Grace and Bennett both danced in the back seat. I know more prim and proper moms may be appalled at the idea of my two and a half year old listening to such a song, but you know she just sees at it as fun and in the grand scheme of things, I believe it is pretty harmless. And if your confused and don't know what badonkadonk means- go ask your mom- or maybe your child for that matter- haha.

My honky tonk girl! Ryan's parents brought this shirt back for her when they went to San Antonio last year. She is a cowgirl after all, in case you didn't remember =)

No comments: