Well, this is like deja vu- last year in Memphis we got no snow until we had an amazing snow in March! And here we are again, March 1 with a beautiful, thick blanket of snow. Church was cancelled this morning (which we had decided we weren't going to go anyways) and so at 7:30 I drove out to Wal Mart to get some stuff- hat and gloves for Bennett and full shoes for Hannah Grace. After spending all the time driving at a snails pace on the icy roads, and the $20 for snow gear for one day, I got home, we decked the kids out (it took about 30 minutes to get them dressed, seriously) And headed out to the brisk tundra in our backyard. After all this prep we were out there for about 15 minutes. The snow ended up being really too deep when we went out and both kids were thigh high and couldn't walk and literally face planted into the snow. This didn't go over well, as you might imagine. Ryan and I were so excited... I guess this is just how things go with little ones sometimes, haha. I'd say it was worth while just for the few pictures we were able to catch while we were out there.
Daddy was able to get them to smile by kicking the snow around. Poor Hannah's coat with all those layers underneath did not fit- she definitely could give Tommy Boy a run for his money.
Daddy showing Hannah that the snow may be cold but really is harmless.
Me and B.
Daddy running with Bennett.This is always fun, we have pictures of Hannah loving this last year.
My FAVORITE picture!!!Bennett actually kind of liked it and I think maybe now that it has melted down a bit and he might actually be able to walk around maybe I will try taking him for a second run.
Half way smiling =)
Momma and kids.So yeah, we got some good pics, but don't be fooled- here is a more realistic view of what really went on- I don't know how well you can see her little face, but here I am trying to console Hannah. It's weird though, she actually did a lot better last year- we were even able to make a snow man! I think Ryan was disappointed there was no snowman making or snow ball fighting going on this time around. I know she will love it someday, but I guess that day is just not today!
1 comment:
LOVE the pics. Wish I was there to play with them. Tell Hannah the Nina loves the snow.... we will make a snowbunny someday!
Love you all, Nina and Papa
Post a Comment