Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, I know we did!!! I wanted to include this hymn for my Easter post. It has become my #1 favorite hymn, as I think it is just the Gospel stated so wonderfully. I have never thought of myself as "a cry-er" but with age this side has seemed to be showing itself a little more- I think it actually came a lot more after having kids. Now, I can't usually make it through this hymn without getting a little emotional.

Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, Who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood;
Sealed my pardon with His blood.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He;
“Full atonement!” can it be?
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Lifted up was He to die;
“It is finished!” was His cry;
Now in Heav’n exalted high.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

When He comes, our glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we’ll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
(I added a different version of this hymn to my playlist to the right, if you want to play it while scrolling through the pictures. It's not my favorite arrangement of it, but it was all they had and it is atleast music with the words, if you want.)

I hope your family yesterday was able to reflect upon "Our Glorious King" that came to redeem a guilty, vile sinner as I. As I get to enjoy these pictures I hope I will always remember that He is the reason we celebrate.


The best of a family pic we were going to get (note: through all these pictures our kids-especially Hannah Grace-were REFUSING to look at the camera, of course!)

Yep, Ryan was sure to capture this one of Bennett on camera, with his onlooking sister standing by. Haha he was not hurt despite crashing on the rocks, don't worry =)

With Grandma and Grandpa Braithwait.

I love it!

Spinning to try to get a smile- too bad all the front facing ones either have hair everywhere or his shirt about to come over his head. What we try to do to get a decent pic!

Bubbles!!

Sweetest Daddy!


It got cold and rainy so we did the Easter Egg hunt inside- we couldn't cancel it because Hannah was way too pumped about getting to look for the eggs. We told her she had to take a nap 1st, which she didn't, because she was sitting in the room quietly playing with the eggs that she was able to collect in the room she was supposed to be napping in.A little help from Papa.

This girl was not playing games- she was on a mission!!!

Bennett, on the other hand, was taking his time and enjoying each find.
While he was getting demolished.Basket chuck full of eggs. She had even been coaxing Bennett to put his in hers and he was falling for it.

The cutest little baby Bailey bunny!!!

Hannah ganked the ears, but wasn't pull them off the same.


Smiles!

2 comments:

Erica B said...

Yall looked great in your Easter bests! That picture of Bennett falling out of the chair totally looked like he would have busted his head open on the rocks. Thank goodness he didn't!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are so funny... poor Bennet and I laughed? You and I are so blessed to have Jesus, and He is watching over all of you. You all looked so coordinated and happy. I WANT TO BE THERE TOO!