Yesterday, Aunt Lori had a hair appointment and decided to entrust Bailey to us for a couple hours. I was of course excited to have her and very interested to see how it was going to go having all four in my house on my own.
Blake will start going to preschool in June and Bailey will start copming at the end of April, so there will be a month where I will have four children for 3-4 days a week. This definitely isn't the perfect situation for the LONG RUN, but I am convinced we can totally handle it for a short period of time (i.e. a month or so). Anyways, I must admit, it went better than I even expected!! Bailey is a VERY good baby, which really makes a difference obviously and the kids were just great with her. It is especially fun to see Hannah mother her and look after her- she has had lots of practice and is about to make a great big sister again in a few months! We are very proud of her!
Anyways, there were of course times where more than one child needed something at a time, but I am used to this- especially from back when Bennett and Blake were babies at the same time. You just have to learn to be okay with the fact that they are all going to cry at some point or another- the important thing is to remember that crying for a couple minutes is not going to hurt anyone, and learn to address the most urgent needs first and know that while someone else may be crying in the meantime, you will get to them shortly and everyone will be taken care of in sufficient time. It is when more than one is crying and you go into a panic mode that you end up stressing yourself and them. I just breath and take one of them at a time and usually I have everyone settled in a matter of a few short minutes. Another important key is learning to IMPROVISE. I have become the master multi- tasker since I have had Bennett and Hannah Grace so close together and more babies in and out of my house on a regular basis. Yesterday, Bailey wanted to be held at the same time that the older kids were needing lunch- so I whipped out my handy Moby wrap and tied her on- Viola! Bailey is held and I still have my arms! It's amazing the tricks you learn when you are put into a position where you have no help but yourself.
Cousin Love



2 comments:
Love it!!! Hannah is such a little mommy! You are going to get some great pics when you start keeping Bailey...I can't wait!
hannah is looking so old!
miss you all!!
Post a Comment