Monday, May 11, 2009

Reason for Blogging

Over the past year, I have grown very fond of this whole blogging frenzy. It is an outlet for me, a way to keep distant family and friends in the loop, and most importantly a way to journal our family life. I know I have mentioned this last one in several of my posts, and I just wanted to show you what I mean. The reason I started this blog was because a friend told me I could do this, and over a year after staring it I finally have!! I had our blog for the year of 2008 made into a book for our family and for mothers/fathers day gifts for the grandparents. I just wanted to share this on here for any readers that have a family blog that don't know about it or are maybe for someone who is trying to decide whether or not to start one... maybe this will help you jump ship! I think it is very cool and much cheaper and easier to store than my other hobby of scrap booking!




If you are interested, go to blurb.com. You download their book creating program and sign into your blogging account and it will load all your pictures and entries for you. From there, you organize, format, and jazz it up to your liking. When finished, it's as simple as uploading it back to their website, placing an order, and they print and ship it to you! And VIOLA! A nice neat hardcover of your family memories to last a lifetime. I am planning on doing it every year for as long as I can!
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day- ours was a little crazy but oh so fun!! (A lot like our life in general=) I have a whole new perspective on mother's day now that I am a mother. It's not until you become one yourself you realize what your own mothers have done for you. I have been very blessed to be surrounded by wonderful mothers- my own mother, mother in law, grandmothers, sisters and sister in laws, and friends that are all amazing moms that have all in some way(some big and some small) played a part in the mother that I am. I am thankful for all of them. Mother's Day really to me seems more of a time for me to be thankful for all these many wonderful mothers, than to expect some thanks myself, because really, being a mother is such a blessing, and I am just thankful that God has entrusted me with it. Even though it may sometimes seem like a thankless job- to me, it wouldn't be motherhood if it didn't.

3 comments:

Erica B said...

Wow Stephanie! That looks GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing about that! I remembered you told me you could do that but I didn't really know how! It is super cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT WAIT! Yahoo!

Michelle Myers said...

Steph, this is awesome!! Thanks so much for the great idea!!