Thursday, May 7, 2009

You'd Never Guess...

Or maybe you would! Bennett has been sick again the past couple days- he has pink eye! Ugh! I don't know where these kids seem to catch everything- Bennett especially must just be super susceptible. So we have practically quarantined ourselves for the past couple days. He is really feeling fine and has no fever- his eyes are just puffy, pink, and crusty. Yuck. I was telling Lori yesterday- I would actually much rather deal with this than say the stomach flu or something where they are really sick. It's just when people hear "pink eye" they really freak out because of how contagious it is. Anyway, he is still sleeping this morning, and I am anxious to see how he looks after to doses of antibacterial eye drops. Hopefully he won't look like Frankenstein with his eyes sealed completely shut like he did yesterday. Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed (haha I originally typed "keeping my eyes crossed") that it's not really as contagious as they say b/c if it is Hannah Grace and I will definitely be getting it- and most likely Ryan too.

I say all this really just to show this picture. Yesterday we had guys working (quite loudly) out in our yard, and I had to wait on Ryan to get the eye drop prescription filled, so Bennett was not put down for his nap at regular time. So at around 4:00 finally, I picked him and his two favorite blankies up and held him for about three seconds in the brown chair (that rocks) and he was OUT instantly. Anyways, that in itself was cute- THEN Hannah Grace drug her rocking chair out from our room, hunted down her baby doll, and sat and rocked her baby next to me "rocking" Bennett. It was sweet.


UPDATE:
An afternoon update from this morning. Bennett did wake up with both eyes still pink and one pretty crusted shut. I do think they are getting better though and as of this afternoon he will have had a full day of the antibiotic drops. Here's the downer- I have been studying and over analyzing Hannah all day like I am just sitting here waiting for her to get it. Her eyes have seemed a little puffy all day, but other than that, fine. While sitting at the lunch table we realized she does indeed have the yellowish goop starting to come to the corner of her eye. I just went ahead already and called the doctor so she can just go ahead and get her a Rx called in too! I was getting ready to deep clean my house- and something was telling me not to waste my time, I had a gut feeling we weren't in the clear just yet. Ugh.

I wasn't sure whether I would post a picture of Bennett's poor eyes on here, but I decided to (I did clean the crust out for you first, ha) for one reason...

...To show you how he is still smiling! Gotta love this boy!


We could probably call these Hannah's "before pictures" since I'm pretty sure by tomorrow morning she will look a little more like Bennett. =(


Don't worry- I don't think you can catch it through the computer screen. Haha, I will make a confession though- one that Ryan would probably think I shouldn't admit on here- but I'm pretty sure up until high school I thought you got pink eye from looking at someone with pink eye. Hmm... don't know how I figured that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someday these kids are going to be very dissappointed for sharing all their bad moments and sick faces... but me, Nina is glad to share the unfortunate times with you. I love you Hannah Grace and Bennett Ryan. Your Momma loves you more than you will ever know.