Sunday, May 17, 2009

While Daddy's Away

It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon and Ryan was able to get out and golf today, yay! I have been trying to finish up the housework here that we bailed out on yesterday, and now am to the point where all I have to do is vacuum and mop... so here I am waiting for Hannah Grace to wake up from her (what is quickly becoming) afternoon hibernation. It's funny how cleaning house techniques change with kids in the picture.


So in the midst of my time wasting here- I had two pics for the day. The 1st is for my mom- Hannah Grace looked mighty cute in her Sunday dress and bow today, if I might say- even if she was less than willing to "smile pretty" for the camera.


I have vented on here my fair share of difficulties with our darling two and a half quickly going on three year old. But honestly- she is so fun at this age too! I love having a "big girl". While I am not saying I am playing the "friend" role in any way- I have enjoyed getting to see a new side of our relationship developing- one where we can hang out and enjoy each other's company. She is really becoming her own person and is slowly but surely getting better at conversation- even if to Ryan and I can often find it to be a little repetitive and often predictable of conversation, haha. She is getting to the age where she is starting to say funny little things that crack us up. When all four of us get to sit down at the dinner table together, between these two kids, there is NEVER a shortage of hysterical laughter. It's great.

And sorry, Bennett- I just couldn't pass up on this one, and I am sure you will thank me some day (or maybe not=). All I know is it is a good thing that Hannah was napping so she didn't see you stealing her favorite shoes, and it's a good thing daddy isn't here- well for obvious reasons. I think I am the only one in this family who was able to get a kick out of Bennett's fashion statement here. You have probably noticed the Sunday button up and no pants has become a popular style around here-it just seems to happen that way. At least he is playing with his dump truck- he's just that secure in his boyhood, I guess. Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute and Hannah looks so sweet in her bow! Love the pink sandles my good boy! "Only tough men wear pink" is the cowboy motto!
Hugs and kisses, Nina