Monday, June 1, 2009

Change

It is quiet here this morning as just Hannah Grace and I are up, and it is the 1st day of a big change in our house. Friday was Blake's last day here. It is going to be an adjustment not having him here, for me, but especially for my kids! He is their best buddy and I know that they are going to miss having him here like crazy! The change is going to be a good thing for everyone involved, but that doesn't mean it wasn't bittersweet having to say goodbye! I know the kids will see him lots still, but it just won't be the same! He has been a huge part of our family for the past year and a half! This picture of "the boys" was taken on Blake's very 1st day here...


And I took this picture on one of Blake's last days! We all know what it is like to watch your kids grow, but it really hits you get to so closely see someone else's kids grow too!

I had made a little scrapbook for Blake and his family to have some concrete memories of Blake's time here with us and on the last page I put these two pictures....


The 1st was taken in April of last year, about four months after Blake had been coming, and I took the last one on again one of his last days here. It is just so crazy! They have so far grown up together and to see the change- It's like they are not even the same babes anymore!!

Anyway, all that to say Blake will always have a special place in our hearts and I hope the kids will be friends for many many years to come, and that Stacy and I will continue our great friendship that has come through all of this too! It has been a huge blessing in a lot of ways, and we are excited for Blake to start this new time for him, and we are excited for this time for us as well- as Hannah will be starting preschool also, Bailey will be here three days a week, and we will be adding a new member to our family! Change is just gonna keep on comin'...

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm fighting back the tears which seemed to have already consumed most of my morning. How sweet of you to post this about Blake's time in the Braithwait home. I wouldn't trade the time there for ANYTHING and I know Blake would definitely say the same thing (if he could). :) This morning went well but it was so strange passing your neighborhood without stopping and without Blake in the car. Oddly enough I got to work earlier than I have in a while but I did miss our chats. Hope you guys are doing well. We'll have to get our Braithwait fix soon. C U Soon. :)

Stacy said...

Okay so after reading my post it kind of gives the impression Blake is no longer with us (if you don't know the back story). YIKES!
Just wanted to clarify for any Comment Readers, he started Preschool today, folks, whew...:)