Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I never underestimate the importance of the father's role in a child's life. I believe it could be the single most influential familial relationship we have in our lives. That is why I know I am so blessed that my children are being raised by the wonderful father that they are. My daughters will never question that they had a daddy who loved them, kept them safe, and always had their best interest at heart. My son will always know his father was there for him, was an awesome role model for him, and taught him everything he knows either through words or example. Ryan lives up to every idea I have ever had of a "good dad". He is very present in their day to day lives and VERY hands on. He cuddles them and kisses on them and gives them more affection than they can hope for. He plays with them and makes them laugh harder than any one else can. Most importantly I know he is going to teach them that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them more than they dare imagine, that He died to give them life. We love you Ryan, and I know someday soon our children will be able to tell you themselves how much they love and appreciate you- and you will deserve every bit of it!

I became overwhelmed with the idea of putting some of my favorite pictures of Ryan and the kids on here. There are just SO MANY from over the past three years!!! So since, as I am sure you are well aware, these blog posts are often filled with evidence of how wonderful of a dad Ryan is- I thought I would post some older ones that never made it on here since it was before I was a "blogger". Enjoy these shots of Ryan and Hannah Grace during her 1st year and Ryan and Bennett from his first few months.







Not only am I thankful for Ryan as the father to my kids, I am also thankful for our own fathers.

I am so blessed to have a father in law that treats me as his own daughter, and who is responsible for raising the wonder father that my husband is. He is a Godly leader to his family, and the evidence is undeniable.


And for my own dad, who my wonderful relationship with, has truly allowed me to grow to the woman I am. He gave me the love and security that every daughter needs from her dad.


You are both wonderful fathers and extremely special grandfathers, the impact you have both made on our family really will carry on. We love you both very much!

Speaking of grandfathers- I have one last Father's Day shout out to my grandpa. He is the only grandfather that has gotten to meet our kids, and we feel very blessed for the couple of times we have been able to have them with him. It has only taken those handful of times to come to the conclusion that he is hands down the cutest great grandpa out there! He still has such a way with kids and it's so fun to watch! I love you grandpa!

1 comment:

Michael J. Novak said...

I love the picture of Hannah doing accounting homework with Ryan. BORING! Happy father's day, Ryan.