That is what we are preparing for this week and with each night that passes, my to do list seems to grow. We are packing up and hitting the road on Friday afternoon after Ryan gets home from work and venturing out on a much needed escape from the norm. If I say the word "vacation" you may begin to think we are headed to the beach or Disney World or somewhere of the sort. Quite the opposite actually we are headed to the good ole' Midwest to visit my family. But it is indeed a vacation and for us- any escape at this point is a wonderful adventure. I am so excited to get to see all my family, and last year we learned just how much fun we can really have in small town Midwestern USA- we will be riding the pony again and playing with all Nina and Papa's animals out on their land, swimming in the pool, spending time with lots of family, and just enjoying a much needed break. If you look back at August last year blog posts, you can read all about how much fun we had!
So, we really can't wait! Now I just wish I could skip the trying to prepare two small children, a husband, and my preggo self for a 12 hour car ride and a nine day long expedition. We will break the trip up on the way there and spend the night half way in St. Louis, but on the way back, we will make the whole trip home from my sister's, which is about nine hours. There will also be some driving in between going from my parents to my sisters. We usually make a triangular tour of St. Louis, Des Moines, and the Quad Cities to make sure to hit up all my family. This year is extra special because we will get to spend some time with my brother who lives in California that has only seen Hannah Grace 2ce in her life and Bennett once- crazy huh! So we are really excited to get to see him, and I can't wait to tell you more all about him and his wonderful wife when we return....
I am also so glad that being as pregnant as I am, that this is the trip we are doing. I'm totally not expecting this baby to show up anytime soon, but it does give me some peace of mind knowing if something did happen, we would be in a city with family. Speaking of sweet Sadie-
I had my check up today and all was well- as long as my diabetes test comes back good. When I was leaving my doctor informed me I would start every two weeks now. Wow, that is always my cue for "we are in the home stretch". I don't know if I'm ready for that already this time around!
No... yes... I am. We are excited and can't wait for our second baby girl to join us.
And speaking of baby girl... (don't you just love how these thoughts are all just flowing together tonight! Ha!) After a debate of whether this was just wrong or not- Bennett now has "his" baby doll. I have showed you before how into Hannah's baby he has been. Well it had gotten to the point of where I was going to pull my hair out if I had to listen to them fighting over that baby one more time. So.... a baby doll was purchased for my nearly two year old son- I know, I know, boys don't play with baby dolls. But you know, he loves the thing and I think it is pretty harmless- he is just getting ready for his baby sister to arrive, right?!? So now they each have one and there is finally peace in the house- well at least a little more peace than before, haha. The crazy thing is... he ONLY wants it if it is undressed... hmm....
And here we go again, transitioning.. speaking of CRAZY! I told Ryan I have SOOO got to be careful about what I say to our kids- I mean,I know-"be careful" like don't cuss or say mean words, which I like to think I don't do often anyways- but it's not until you hear something out of your three year old's mouth that you think. hmmmm... do I say that??? Tonight we were in the bath tub- well, you know, the kids were in the bath tub.... ANYWAYS! Hannah was doing something to Bennett that was obviously aggravating him, which he was signaling by his oh so recognizable grunting noises. And that is when Hannah Grace turns to him and says.. and I quote....
"Bennett, calm down! You're makin' me crazy."
And she continued on what she was doing, unaware that my jaw had just dropped to the floor.
After being shocked my sweet little thing would talk in such a way to her little brother, I began to think... you know, I think I might have a haunch as to where she has heard that before.... Shame on me! Oh my! Like I said, you honestly just don't realize, ha... but I am starting to realize the whole new sense of accountability that comes with having an ever more articulating going on three year old. Maybe I realized this a bit too, when a few days ago she told on me to daddy as Ryan was asking if I wanted a Pepsi with my lunch and before I could answer she told him "Mommy had coffee." As in like, no daddy, mommy had a cup of coffee this morning and she has already reached her caffeine quota for the day and cannot have a Pepsi.
When I came in from running errands last night she informed me of everything that went on- what was eaten, who was poopy, the works. I don't think anyone in this house is going to get away with anything with this little police woman and reporter on our hands!!!!
Just thought I would share a little of our week, since it may be a while until you hear from us again- or it may not- we will see if I feel up for blogging about our trip while we are at my parents... I just might not be able to resist sharing the stories and pics, but I make no promises, we will just see =). I am guessing I should still be sane (well as sane as I have ever been at least) once we get there after our long drive with two toddlers... we do have a car DVD player charging to be ready to go, so all should be well, haha =)
And I am going to do a big no no and leave this post for tonight with no pictures. Maybe if I have a chance I will add some before we go, just so you have something to hold you over right =)
1 comment:
so excited to see you.... we cannot wait! You are in our prayers. Mom and Dad
Post a Comment