We had another great weekend this weekend, and while I LOVE what I do and we of course miss Blake ( we have had COUNTLESS mentions of him from BOTH kids!) I must admit it is nice to have Fridays and Mondays with just my two kids and have a little more flexibility in going places, etc. I better not get too used to it... once the third baby gets here I have a feeling I won't be getting out much even when I do have "just my kids". But we did take advantage of it- on Friday I had my house cleaned by mid morning and the kids and I were loading up the car on a beautiful day to head out to a local outdoor mall. Ryan even took off work a little early and came to meet us for lunch. We actually made two fun trips out that way on Friday and I of course didn't have my massive camera so I tried to catch a couple pics of them by the water fountain on my cell phone, but I have no idea how to get them off of there, so I guess they are pretty much worthless. I did catch a few pics at different points of the day yesterday that I thought I would post. I know my posts have been lacking lately. I have actually started writing a couple that I haven't finished or decided not to post- I don't know what my deal is- maybe it's just that I am trying to be more productive around here and spend less time in front of this little glowing box I love to stare at so much! This applies to all computer things- emails, and Facebook, etc.- if you have sent me any messages, I am so sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, I am working on it!!!
I will share one sweet Hannah story from this morning. She woke up at 5:50- which I have made a new rule that anywhere in the five o'clock hour is not okay- I will work with 6:02, but 5:58 is not acceptable. =) Well normally, being the grumpy waker upper that she is, the 1st thing I hear is her crying in the morning before she even gets down out of bed. Today I heard her closing her door 1st, which is a good thing- it means she woke up and got out of bed on her own, without crying. I was so happy about this I didn't even pay attention to what time it is, but needless to say when I realized it was 5:50 I was a bit disappointed. It's not just that selfishly I don't want to wake up that early- it's really only a little earlier than what I would normally wake up anyways, I just feel it is too early for her- especially since she is often moody and doesn't go to bed until around 8:30 usually and doesn't nap but for about an hour and a half in the afternoons. ANYWAY-all that to say- for some reason I have been extra tired lately, and I decided I would get her set with her breakfast and turn her on some cartoons and go to crawl back into bed to lounge a little bit. About 10 minutes later she was whining at the side of my bed to get up in it. I helped her up into the upper stratosphere, where our mattress is- and told her if she wanted to sit in here she had to be quiet. Well I was just kind of cuddling with her, enjoying the quiet, and dozing in and out of a light sleep. After a while I opened my eyes and smiled at her asking if she wanted to get down. "Yea, I get down! Mommy get down too!!" I assured her I would be getting down too. When I again looked at the clock and saw it was almost 7:30 I couldn't believe it. She had sat with me in my bed, quiet as a mouse, with nothing but her blanky and her milk cup for about an hour- I know she didn't fall asleep at all because again, I was very in and out of sleep and was very aware of her and what she was doing- she was playing with and whispering to her feet most of the time. When we got down she said to me "Mommy, you have good nap?" I chuckled and told her I had a good nap and thanked her for watching me while I napped. She is a sweetheart. Speaking of here are some of my pics from Sunday...
I just can't believe how grown up she is. There have been numerous times I have been watching her this weekend running around outside and just thought- wow, it is so good to sit back and take it in. I can tell already this sweet time is going to be gone too soon! OH, and new words that are so cute coming out her mouth that she has added to her vocabulary are "wonderful, beautiful, cool and awesome"
Check him out!
And it is amazing how quickly the tables can turn- ha! It seems he has caught on to his sister's flare for the dramatic.
Racing their Big Wheels that they still can't pedal, but that they love racing down our sloped driveway. We about had collision two seconds after this picture but daddy was there to rescue.
Sweaty girl- she has a serious sweat problem- I don't know where she gets it or what to do about it.
Father and son. I told Bennett the other morning at breakfast that he would lure in some helpless girl someday who can't resist those big dark eyes, just like his daddy!
2 comments:
Good to know! I will make sure Savannah doesn't look at Bennett's eyes until she is AT LEAST 16! :)
I'm thinking the reason you are extra-tired lately is...that new baby! Hope you're getting all the rest you can with those kiddos, who are absolutely precious. :)
Post a Comment