Thursday, August 12, 2010

Down at the Water Hole

Distracted. I want to finish up these vacay pictures and posts, as I am sure you can understand, but I feel I have been distracted and needed to step away for a bit. I am even distracted now as Ryan and I just got done with a man vs. beast battle against 4 black widow spiders with countless babies and an egg nest right outside our front door. Ugh, I still feel things crawling on me even now, sitting here and I can guarun-flippin-tee you I am going to have some major arachnophobia nightmares tonight. For the 1st time in a while I am dreading going to bed, ha!
In other news, looks like I may have to (yet again=) forfeit my running for mom of the year award as Tuesday night I was "last minute" school shopping for my kids and only hours away from taking them to drop them off at a preschool that doesn't start for another three weeks. Ayayay, we were all so excited, this is going to be a very long three weeks! The silver lining? I guess it turns out I am planning ahead instead of last minute shopping the night before =).
I have loved this summer but I am ready for some structure for the kids and a more concrete schedule for myself. I think it is going to be great for all of us. So to fully look on towards the fall let's keep chugging along with these summer pics, shall we?

The place that so far every year is just the  biggest all around hit and fun-for-all is the community pool. This year the kids could finally go down the slide by themselves, big yay!
Sadie chilled with the grandparents and Slade- the boy my mom watches three days a week.
Pics of my dad smiling this hard are few and far between. Kudos Sadie!!
What a S.T.U.D.M.U.F.F.I.N
This girl loves the water too. We did swim one other day in a regular pool at a friend of my mom's house. Hannah Grace tried showing off all her swim lesson skills to daddy, but unfortunately I think she forgot a lot of it. Darn, I guess swim lessons are only good if you actually take your kids to a pool to swim... eh, at least she really does love it.
And we of course had to introduce Sadie to the crab. She loved it, as all the kids have in years past.
And a failed attempt at a pic of all three. Ah well, even if the picture was a "no go", the pool trip was still a "good go". Just wish we didn't have to wait until next year to go back. Hannah Grace has already been pestering me about it. You have a bit of a wait ahead of you, dear girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Wish we had more time!

Robbie said...

Where is this pool? I would love that :)