After returning from 12+ hours in the car on Saturday and Sunday, I was kind of ready to just plop at me parents house, do laundry, and get ready for the 11 hour trek home the next day. But we wanted to make good of our last night at my parents and were trying to decide whether to stick around the house and get a little more riding in or head out to the annual balloon festival (we did this 2 years ago, you can read about it here). I knew that Bennett would be much more pumped up about the balloons given his horse reluctance, and I am so glad we sucked it up and went. We all had just a blast and it was an absolute riot to watch Hannah and Bennett get out-of-their-little-minds-excited.
It is a beautiful sight to behold.
We are ready!
Blurry but couldn't pass up on it.
Always thinkin', that boy.
So excited to show us and tell us all about it!
Absolutely having the time of their lives, as far as they are concerned!
Sadie enjoyed watching too, of course.
It was very hot and we were very sweaty. But it was all worth it =)
Haha, Hannah getting scolded- is it bad that I really love this picture?
Okay, okay here it comes... so these pictures will make me laugh for the rest of my life. As I said, the kids were hilarious with how excited they were. And we didn't just think that as their parents and grandparents, the people around us were getting the biggest kick out of them too. They for some reason started doing this thing where they were turning each other's heads and were just so tickled over it. I love that the girl in front of us made into these pics cracking up at them.
And all with food in their mouths too. Nice.
Man, have I mentioned how much I love those crazy kids!! And how about this one?
What's not to love here? Yeah.
What a great way to close our trip. We had an amazing and awesome week as always. My parents new house was like a countryside retreat- for us- and for the kids a large chunk of their huge basement was a haven for them, of course!
(I admit, telling you about that is just an excuse for me to include this cute pic!)
The kids were great travelers, which made so many hours on the road, really quite enjoyable- all things considered. I know we all just wish we didn't have to wait all the way until next year to do it all over again! =)
So there you have the grand finale! The last trip post- only going on a month later! Now with these last summer pics done, it is full force ahead into fall. I am super excited about this fall for a lot of reasons. I can't wait to share with ya'll all about it!


































1 comment:
Love the excitement you caught on camera! I love reliving all the moments over and over! Thank you sweetie for taking time to capture all these special events, for all the special expressions, and thank you for taking the time to post your blog and share with all who love you and all those little people. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment