Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Little Bit of Chicken Fried

Ah, I hate to use another country music reference on here, but how can I resist this fitting title? Forgive me!

After spending the week at my parents, we headed up to St. Cloud, MN for my cousin's wedding. It was so great to see all my dad's side of the family, even if it was only for a matter of hours. I opted out of lugging my large camera with us to the wedding, so I sadly have no pics, but it was a beautiful, sweet wedding on a riverboat and the bride's older brother married them. Sunday morning me and my dad headed up north of there about an hour and a half to the town where I grew up visiting my grandparents. My grandma is in a nursing home there suffering from dementia. This was the first time I had seen her in three years and while I knew she didn't know exactly who I was, I think she knew I was slightly familiar. She was actually having a good day, and knew my dad was one of her sons. It was hard to see her like that, but I can't tell you how many times since I have thought about how much it meant to me to be able to see her and give her a tight hug, most likely one last time.

Okay so before this gets too sad for me... on the way back to my parents we stopped in a town called Clear Lake (we have done this once before when Hannah was about to be a year old) and had a KFC picnic by the lake. I couldn't wait to get these pictures on here 'cause I get the biggest kick out of them!

Hannah dancing and singing to her own tune. She was quite the choreographer over the week. In fact, she made up her own little motions to a song on a toy. They were actually completely fitting, we just happened to catch her doing it and I must say, it is going to go down as one her her cutest moments of all time! I wish I could have captured it on video! I know it will ever be erased from my own little mental camcorder though =)
Bennett lovin' some biscuits.
Sadie even got to enjoy some KFC... oh wait, that is an understatement....
All of the sudden, girl is reaching over my plate like she owns it!
And helping herself to a little bit of chicken fried
My mom had the camera and captured the moment like it was slow-mo, haha.
Ah, yes, I'd like some mashed potatoes on the side too, please!
Saving the gravy =)

Well, it was fun while it lasted. =)
Mom couldn't resist a picture of B either! =)
Another try at a family photo!
Well, having three small ones does make it hard for a family pic, but... never a dull moment... I wouldn't trade it for the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have traded our time with you for the world either. Anxious for the next visit! Gotta get dad on the ball for a date! Love the pics of Hannah and her dance and SADIE! Love em' all so much! Nina

Anonymous said...

As I look at the first picture, I see a glimps into the future with HG and how she will look as she becomes a beautiful young lady! Oh, how I wish we lived closer! Nina