Friday, April 17, 2009

A Day Out!

Blake and his family have been on a long weekend trip to Florida this weekend and so we have had a couple days without him here. Today was a BEAUTIFUL day, so Grandma Sheila, Aunt Lori and Bailey, and I planned a little day out with the kids, especially before Lori goes back to work next week =(. We went to breakfast at Perkin's where Bennett ate his whole plate of French Toast sticks, some bacon, and some breakfast potatoes, and Hannah Grace picked at a little oatmeal with a lot of brown sugar. Lori went home to feed Bailey and I decided to run to Kohl's to take some stuff back. BIG MISTAKE. OH the joys of going places with two small children ( I KNOW, I KNOW and I'm throwing a third one in the mix!!!!) Anyways they were not so patient as I attempted to look around some and a trip to the park was long overdue by the time we left there- or was it, haha. We ended up all meeting back up at the park and enjoyed watching the kids play- it was fun, but as I said as we were leaving, sometimes having fun can be a lot of work! We were all ready for naps after our exciting morning out and about. But I must say, it really was nice to be able to get out of the house for a while!
Feeding the ducks.

Swinging!


Bailey even had her 1st try in the swing!
Running to the playground.

Hannah Grace is Bennett's little cheerleader. She was at the top telling him "C'Mon you can do it! Good job!!"

Lori and Bailey!
Getting ready to go down the small slide!


The next slide up, nice face Hannah Grace.

A little hesitant-
Not so hesitant =)

And Bailey and Hannah Grace in their matching tees...

Couldn't decide which one of these I liked better.


Doing what he does best- running away without looking back!

One last feeding of the duck, because...



It was obviously time to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing of a day, thank you for sharing that with us. We miss you all terribly. The web cam helps but not so much on the physical tender touches and little sounds and big sounds too! Grandma Sheila looks like she was having as much fun as they were... you go girl!