Sunday, April 5, 2009

Zoo Day, Hooray!

We FINALLY got to go on our long awaited zoo trip yesterday!!! The weather finally cooperated and it was the PERFECT day to go. We had SO much fun and the kids were actually really good and of course had a blast- we all did!!! We can't wait to go again! I will let my many pictures do most the talking....
All ready to go!! We told Hannah Grace that morning we were going to go to the zoo and go see the animals and that was all she could talk about then- "Go see animals!" In fact, in the car I turned around to tell her I love her and she just responded "Go see animals". I see where I stand, haha.


Getting ready to go in!!!
Daddy and the kids with the giant sea turtle. For some reason every turtle to Hannah Grace is a sea turtle right now- I think it's too much Diego.

Just some animal picks of course. The cheetah's were seriously looking at out everyone pacing- it was creepy cool!


These monkeys were so fun and HILARIOUS! They were fighting over a piece of paper and really going at it! We said "Look Hannah they are playing like you and Bennett!" They were tackling each other, swinging after the other and grabbing each other, and rolling over each other. That's them- going at it like a couple of feisty little monkeys!

Sweet boy, just taking it all in!

Daddy and Bennett checking out the pandas.

I could really avoid going to see the snakes all together, but Ryan wanted to go in so we did of course. We let Hannah down and here she is fondly looking at some little turtles. Next to this was the giant boa constrictor. It was funny she wanted down and didn't want me to hold her- then when she was looking at the big snake and it AH! MOVED! she was practically jumping in to my arms!

Aw! Look at my sweet kids walking with their mom and holding hands, right? HA! Ryan is just good at capturing a brief moment. See more accurate depiction below....

Bennett fights holding your hand much of the time and was not wanting to hold mine- he gives up the fight eventually, but it can be frustrating, especially in a crowded zoo with, as you see, the Zoo Tram coming quickly upon us!


Picnicking.
I thought we would save the carousel for another time, but we ate right by it (which the kids were SOO good sitting and eating) and Hannah kept saying "Hannah ride! Hannah wanna ride the ______! (fill in with animal of choice)" I would say "lets just eat 1st" and she was so good so Ryan took her. She LOVED it off course. We talked after about stuff like that with her is so fun because when it's done you never hear a whine or wanting more, she is just grateful to have gotten to do it and you can really tell. It's so sweet.
Hopefully next time both kids will get to go- we didn't want to leave our stroller unattended for that long.
Bennett wishing he could go on the carousel...

The Memphis Zoo's newest exhibit with the polar bears- so cool! You can see them swimming in the water through glass. We went during the feeding time and it was crazy packed so we couldn't see too well- you can see Hannah making an attempt below. I would love to go back someday during the week when it's not so busy and really spend some time watching them-, they are amazing!


They must know giraffes have always been mommy's favorite animal, because they were both rather fond of them.
Getting ready to leave- I wanted so bad to take them out for some pictures, but we decided it wasn't worth it at the time- maybe next time if we get to go with some more people for reinforcements we can do that more!

And this what a day at the zoo can do for you!

1 comment:

Erica B said...

I love the pic of the back of the 2kids looking at the giraffes. That is so cute! I bet yall really enjoyed that nice stroller at the zoo! We should go with yall sometime so your stroller can plow the way for Savannah's little single! Haha! And- you look cute in that shirt :)