Wow! What a couple of days it has been. It all started Tuesday morning. Ross and Lori called at 5:00 AM and said Banks was on his way. That was an understatement. They dropped Bailey at our house around 5:30 AM and Banks was here by 8:00AM. Crazy!! So it was super exciting to welcome a new baby into the family even though I was the only one who got to go see him- we had colds kind of running through our house. He is adorable and has an awesome full head of dark hair that gives me the worst case of baby hair envy =). I took some great pics when I went to see them at the hospital and can't wait to get them on here!!
Tuesday Hannah Grace had been wimpering and having a hard time breathing most the day. We had done two breathing treatments and by 8:00 that night she was begging me to go to bed. I gave her a last treatment and saw no improvement and she seemed to be really struggling. Enough to scare me into not wanting to let her go to bed. So as much as I dreaded it, I decided to just take her to the ER and have them check her oxygen before we even checked in. 92- That's borderline, right? Maybe we can make it through the night and go to the doctor 1st thing in the morning. Then, 91...90....88.. Okay check us in, we're here. So after a torchersome visit in the ER with lots of desperate attempts to get her breathing better, we were admitted around midnight. We got very little rest that night and yesterday was a rough day. Last night we did get a good 6 hours of decent sleep, so we are both feeling much more rested today! Hannah Grace is seeming to show improvement. For those of you who have some medical sense about you, she was on 3 liter of Oxygen through the 1st night and a lot of the day yesterday. It was frustrating everytime they thought they would try bumping it down, we had to turn it right back up. But today we are at 1.5 L of O2, so half way there right? She will have to have an entire night without any oxygen before we go home, is the understanding I am under, so we are praying that will definitely be before Easter gets here!!! So we would love it if you could say a prayer for her- that she gets better!- and for our family- being pulled in different directions and wanting everyone to be taken care of!
She has been a little spoiled and gotten lots of great treats. She loves all her balloons and her new stuffed animal friends. I think she just may milk this- hey she gets my sympathy vote! Today she has high hopes for a wagon ride. I'm going to go see if I can make that happen for her. I'm sure I'll update soon!

5 comments:
Oh man, babies in hospital beds are the most pitiful things ever. I'm so sorry about Hannah! Praying she gets better very, very soon!
Oh, no!! That is no fun! Hang in there and know we are praying for y'all!
Poor baby! She looks so tiny in that huge bed. Maybe she needs some Wubzy to make her feel better. Yall are in our prayers!
That breaks my heart. I can only imagine what you're going through. I'm having flashbacks to when Sydney was in the hospital... there's no words to describe how you must be feeling watching her go through this. We'll pray for her:) Give her a hug from us and a wagon ride... those were exciting for Sydney too.
So sorry to hear about Hannah. We are praying for you all. Praying for Easter celebrations at home! :) Hope she got her wagon ride too!
Post a Comment