2.Lesson learned- don't let your kids take toys to the potty with them (I usually don't but let it slide this time). I left the bathroom for a moment (the boy takes forever), heard distressed crying from Bennett, returned to find him with a soaking wet hand. Apparently he had dropped Hannah's ring into the potty and he decided to go in after it into the urine filled toilet. He retrieved the thing, but then realized what he had done to his great dismay- and to mine. As Ryan said- atleast I didn't have to go in after it!
3.Lesson learned-again- don't make the same mistake twice. This may lead to a second fishing trip involving a rubber glove, the same dern ring (don't know why in my right mind I sanitized and saved it anyway, really?)and a poop filled toilet. So not fun.
4. Swing set putting together is real bite. Earlier when I was dreaming this post up in my head, I was thinking about saying something along the lines of how much I love it- I mean it's like Leggo's for grown ups- right up my ally. But after today- and a great run of thinking things were labeled wrong, completely undoing the main frame of the thing and redoing it- only to find out I had it right in the 1st place and as soon as Ryan can help, we are going to have to undo and redo it again to put it back like originally was- I think I might change my tune.
5. Five kids under four is A LOT. Holy toledo bobby. Lori and I had all of them at the house today (whilst trying to drill on the swing set mind you- again what were we thinking?) and well.... just not sure what to say about all that. Or what my house looked like post all that. Ha.
6. You know those crazy people in the parking lot at the store who will wait for five minutes to get the parking lot close to the door, when they could in far less time park a few spots down and have already walked in by that point? I don't get it. But one thing I do know- since being a mommy, the best spot in the house are the parking spots right next to the cart returns. I will park way far just to park next to a cart return. Any other momma's out there fight for those spots? I mean park. and load. boom.
7. A smart seven year old would not call a smart two year old stupid. He will go straight to his big bad mom and tell her "he tell me too-pid, les go check it out" and proceed to pull his mom down the street to show her the perpetrator. (Yes I'm pretty sure Bennett wasn't making this up- he wouldn't even have known that word! Seriously- even if Bennett was being annoying- what cool big kid picks on a toddler- atleast pick on one your own age- not cool, dude.) I think based on the reaction of this two year old- that seven year obviosuly under estimated him and just how smart he is.=)
8. I'm not becoming my mother... really, I'm not. I would never pump my breaks to music at a stoplight unless to soothe a crying baby.
Oh, kids- the day that I start dancing in the car while pumping my breaks as the next car over gawks-please, just go ahead and commit me.
(BTW- you know I love you mom=)
9. Letting your seven months old suck aggressivley on your face may create fits of laughter you didn't know you had in you since you were, oh about a three year old being relentlessly tickled. Honestly- I laugh myself into tears fairly often, but this by far takes the cake. It was just such a strange feeling that was sending a zing down my spine. Oh my goodness.
10. Tonight after a long and crazy day and much frustration and chaos- I may or may not have grabbed a bag of Quaker rice snacks, snuck into my bedroom, turned on the TV (to what I wanted to watch, gasp!) and proceeded to lay on the floor as still as possible, hoping no passerby would spot me.
Sorry if none of this makes a lick of sense, is grammatically incorrect, and the most random thing you ever read. It's just a little venting and comic relief for my own sanity.
4 comments:
Haha!! Great post, Stephanie! Wheww-can't believe you are tackling putting up a swing set without Ryan during the day!
Oh my goodness, SEVERAL "Amens" coming from my direction lol. And I COMPLETELY hear you on the best parking spot thing... I learned that one the hard way on my first trip to Kroger with Natalie. P.S. I love your monthly reports on Sadie's accomplishments. It makes me so excited to see what I have to look forward to!
I LOVE IT! MY GUT HURTS FROM LAUGHING! MOM
I love it, my guts hurts from laughing and my throat is raw! LOVE YOU Mom
Post a Comment