Monday, February 9, 2009

B-E-A-U-tiful Day!

Yay for getting outside!! Today we got to enjoy some beautiful seventy degree weather here. The kids had a blast just running around burning energy and I was more than glad to sit back and watch them chase each other around. Their favorite part of playing in our back yard is racing down the small hill that slopes our yard. They could do it a thousand times and it never gets old.
It was a fun and much needed outing of some fresh air. I, however, did get in big trouble with my husband and his mom. I had left the phone inside and didn't realize Ryan had been trying to call. We hadn't talked all day which is unusual for us, but I didn't really expect to hear from him since he was in some special training meetings. Well he called his mom who then also tried calling and ended up coming over to our house- where she pulled up to my open garage door and walked into our house, thinking we had all been kidnapped. Haha, I told her if anyone had kidnapped me and these three, trust me they would have brought us back before you would ever know we were missing. She finally found us in the backyard just before, she said she was about to call 9-1-1. Needless to say, I got more than one lecture for my wide open house and unreachability. I guess it's good to know if anything ever does happen, it wouldn't be long before we had our own search and rescue team out for us =)


I of course had to take tons of pics playing outside. I clicked away until my battery died! Outside picture are way more fun.








Bennett cracked me up, this was his 1st time since he's been walking to really get to run in the grass. Mostly he has only experienced pavement. It took him about 10 minutes to move period, and then every time he would fall he would wait for me to come help him up. It didn't take him long though to get the hang of it.

I'm not sure how all these got flipped- it doesn't matter as long as your not trying to read Bennett's shirt =)

I mentioned in my last post that Lori took some pics while we were over there for the Super Bowl and that I would post some on here if I could steal them. Well, I did.

I just thought this was a great pic of Bailey. You can really see how alert she is getting.

And gotta love the cousin shot- they are just going to love each other and have so much fun growing up together!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish I was there to enjoy the laughs and giggles....I can almost hear it! Blessings, Nina

Anonymous said...

That is similar to what I experienced a few months after moving into our current house. I couldn't find my cell phone (I had left it in the truck without realizing it. opps!) Since we had just moved in, we didn't have a land line set up or anything. Jonathan and I had a great day, but apparently, my parents and in-laws were franticly trying to reach me. Around 8 that evening, I was suprised to find my parents at my front door!! My mom almost in tears worried that something had happened to me and Jonathan was all by himself. My dad had kept telling everyone that we were alright, but he said that mom wouldn't let him go to sleep until they had seen for ourselves that we were fine! We can laugh about it now, but it's actually great knowing that in the event that something WERE to happen, Jonathan would be fine. It's nice to know that your cute little ones will be fine too!! Love reading your blog, Steph-- hope you continue to have a GREAT week!! :)

Anonymous said...

The above was from your cousin, Laura. (sorry about that!)