Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm In Love

Okay, stating the obvious- I'm in love with my husband and I'm in love with my kids, but over the past year I have had a growing love for taking pictures of them...What? You haven't noticed? Haha. I have always loved taking pictures, but last spring when my amazingly sweet husband decided to make up for a bad fight--correction, the worst fight to date in our marriage (still only lasting a few hours)by buying me a digital SLR camera. Crazy, right?! Well it had been something we had been talking about already, I just didn't think we would really do it-- my fire was fueled. I had a great excuse to take pics 24-7: cute kids and a fun camera. Now, thanks again to my overly sweet husband, more fuel has been added to the flame. I already mentioned that Ryan surprised me with PhotoShop software for Valentine's Day and I have been playing with it some, but since it doesn't come with any kind of instruction book it is every man out for himself as far as learning how to use this stuff. Well I am starting to learn more and more and am having more and more fun with it. Photographs are truly a treasure and it excites me so much that I can capture the beauty of my children and now I can enhance it and bring it even more to life. I am no professional photographer or anything close to it, but I do think photography can be such a great celebration of God's awesome creation. Okay now that I've gotten all that sappy excitement off my chest, here has been my fun project I've been working on today.

Here is Bennett's original picture...

And the enhanced, better version- oh my! This picture really does show my sweet boy! The white thing is one of his blankies so I like the fact that it is in the picture, because right now that is definitely a part of who he is! =)

And gotta LOVE the black and white...

Here is Hannah Grace's original...

And her fixed up version...Oh those eyes!

And her black and white...

That's all I got, thanks for indulging me. At least I know if you do have kids, you most likely understand, and if not you hopefully will someday. =)

1 comment:

Erica B said...

Your pictures look great!!!