I have found for now that is the only way I can deal with her fits is to lock her in her room for a while and when I return, she is ready to calm down and come out, forgetting whatever it was that was so urgent just minutes before. It is a rough time though, she tries to fight me as I try to get her to stay behind in her room, and once I finally have her in there she will literally throw her body into the door- ridiculous, huh. I really don't have much of a choice for now though- she will not stay in the TO chair, spankings work for a punishable action but no so much once she is already in a fit of rage, and I can't ignore her when she runs into me as I am trying to walk away and stomps around my feet when I slow down, we have even pinned her down to the floor while she is throwing fits and that hasn't really done anything . I can't care for the other little ones when she acts like this, so for now, I have to just contain her in her room. So far it is doing the trick- I just don't get why it is taking her so long to realize her fits don't get her what she wants- we never give in to them!!!
That was only the start of the day's instances, one of the more severe involving Bennett and a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and another involving chasing the dog across the cove while three screaming kids panic behind the front door, all with the audience of the man that was here to give us a quote on digging out our flower beds. Oh boy.....
Not much really to report other than the chaos of the day- I was just looking for an excuse to post, really, for the purpose of putting up some of these miscellaneous pictures from the past week. You'd much rather look at those than listen to me vent about my day anyway, right!?

Bennett is my good eater- I love it! Here he was enjoying some spaghetti and baby squash (yeah, my kids still eat baby veggies- half the time it is the only vegetable I can get them to eat so I take what we can get!)
He is so fun and easy to get an ear to ear grin out of!
Hannah Grace, a little bit of a mess, but still cute, after library with Grandma Sheila this week.
Okay this to me is hilarious- maybe cruel that I photographed it, but funny none the less. Bennett constantly puts this bucket on his head and ALWAYS gets it stuck- he no longer cries but comes to me in panic "Mommy!Mommy!" Poor kid, but I come to his rescue, only for him to do it again- at least another 5 times. Ha.
Last week, I thought Ryan was just closing his eyes to be cute when Bailey fell asleep on him- then when his mouth fell open (like it does when he sleeps, haha) I knew they were both really out and had to snap a pic. I'm sure he'll love me for posting this on here =)Do you think these kids are ready for another baby sibling???

Here Hannah Grace is reading her coloring book to her doll-and even Bennett has taken an interest in her baby- I must say, it's pretty cute!
As I finish this post, hours after I originally began it- the kids are in bed early tonight =) Yes, I did that on purpose, and Ryan has run to get us some Dairy Queen- so see, life really is good =)
These kids really can make me wan to pull my hair out one second and have me smiling and wanting to squeeze them in all of their sweetness the next second. I guess that's how this parenting thing works!
2 comments:
I feel like that is exactly how parenting works...at least for us anyway. We have started the room time-outs for Elizabeth and they seem to work much better for us too--rather than wearing her legs out all day long. I just keep thinking that this too shall pass!
I always have this need to check your blog before I go to bed. Just makes my whole day. I love the pic of Ryan and Baily.... so cute. Great Uncle Ry!
The pics of Bennett are so funny! His smile is wonderful. And HannaH and Bennett holding the babydoll is great. Love you all, Mom
Post a Comment