Monday, April 12, 2010

Bennett's Antics

Just thought I should jot down some of my favorite Bennett habits and phrases for the sake of my memory.
There are so many things I love about this boy and his ridiculously strong personality that comes with lots of ups and of course some downs.

I love it when:
  • he giggles instead of saying "yes"- he gets this one from his sister
  • I pull his blankies out of the dryer and he smiles grabs them and says "they're NIIIIIIce and wahrm"
  • he spells everything, even if he doesn't know what he's spelling, he will spell everything he sees
  • anytime he sees the letter B he shouts "I see B Bennett!"
  • I say "Are you ____?" (are you silly, handsome, etc) his response is always "Noooooo. I not silly. I Bennett."
  • He feels the need to point out everything that he knows what it is. And describe it in size.      i.e.- "Das a BIG church mommy!" or "Thas big, BIG keshup" (he loves to put emphasis on the word "big". He also does this size description thing with his #2's on the potty. I know someday he will kill me for putting that in writing but honestly- too hilarious.
  • he runs catty wompass around the house.
  • he knows he is in trouble and he looks at me- bats his eyes- and says "kiiiisss!" (little booger!)
  • everytime I go to put shorts on him now that it is warmer her cries "Noo, big ones!" referring to pants (okay I don't always love that one, but it's just him=)
  • how every morning the 1st words out of his mouth are ALWAYS "Where daddy? Daddy work!?"
  • when I tuck him in at night he smiles huge and whispers to where I can barely here him "somuch" saying he loves you so much
  • his smile overtakes his whole body, if you get him really grinning he brings his fists up either below his chin or over his cheeks like its welling up from inside and he can hardly keep it in

  • his new thing is coming to find me and saying"saaah-rry" anytime he does anything he knows he would get in trouble for- telling on himself and thinking that since he is telling me sorry it perfectly pardonable
  • he will intentionally squeek with the back of his throat just to proclaim "cuuuue me" (Excuse me)
  • if he is ever playing on or around me and I say "Ow!!" he kisses it with a big "mmmmmah!"
  • when he meets people he loves to introduce himself and his siblings- "I Bennett, das Hannah, and das Saaaaay-die (witha giggle)"
  • When he squats next to his baby sister and giggles and says "Hi Sadie! Hi Sadie Jane!"
  • the way he says the cartoon Backyardigans- it's something like "Back- ahgwins" and how he says something is "blo- keeeen" (broken) and "betcha bulls" (vegetables)
  • when he says in his deepest voice and a grin "Dat funny, moooommy"
Oh brother, I am sure I could add to this list for days. The boy is just such a character and so fun to be around. He can also be a real spitfire and a tough little guy to deal with, but I love every little part of him! Can't you tell?

**So I wrote the majority of this post last week right before we started a serious rough patch with Bennett. Ryan and I have been super stressed trying to deal with his behavior over the last couple days and so now, for me, this has become therapuetic in reminding me of all the little things I love about that boy. Today was a bit of a better day than we had been having, hopefully we are headed in a better direction. I am starting a parenting book that was recommended to me that I actually already had and had just never read. I will let you know what I think when I am done!


1 comment:

Erica B said...

Hey! I have tagged you with The Sunshine Award!
http://baumer-family.blogspot.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html