Friday, August 29, 2008

"Snack Shot of the Week"- Number 1

So, with these three little ones in my house age two and under, we have so many funny moments. For some reason or another, many of these moments tend to revolve around food. I have come to realize I could almost daily get a shot of some funny food moment. So I thought, I will share these moments with you and call them "Snack Shot of the Week". Clever, right=)- just kidding!

Unfortunately I have missed many a great moments that would have been great to have documented already- I was telling my mom this story the other day and and she said "Did you get a picture?" and I said "NO! I was too worried about cleaning up the mess!" Oh well, as she said I need to start having my camera strapped around my neck!!!

The other day, the kids were playing back in Hannah Grace's room, which has been a popular spot lately. Hannah had a box of Graham Sticks back there, which I usually don't let her run around the house with food, but it was one of those "pick your battles" moments. Well maybe I should have picked this battle. I went into the kitchen for a minute and shortly realized that I heard something very unfamiliar... silence. If you have children you know what silence means -trouble. As I head back to see just what kind of trouble we were talking about here, I come around the corner of Hannah's room to find a massive pile (as in the whole box) of graham sticks dumped in the middle of the floor with the three kids and the dog all sitting in a circle chowing away, like vultures feasting on their prey. Granted, in the scheme of things this was not a very big disaster but I wish I would have gotten a picture of them sitting there, fists and mouths full, in front of that mound of cookies. Another one I wish I would have caught a picture of is Blake's red and orange slathered face after he managed to pull a bowl down off the table that had 1st spaghetti, then macaroni and cheese in it (I know, gross, I used the same bowl to feed more than one person different lunches- but you don't understand- we run the dishwasher on a daily basis the way it is) Him and Maggie licked that bowl clean and the evidence was, well, all over! =)

So these pictures are not of food messes, but they are of a very familiar scene. Hannah, the generous rationer of food, handing out portions to the beggars below.

I love Bennett's look of desperation in this picture.

So until next week's "snack shot"... Bon Appetit!

No comments: