
Well, I am a couple of days behind, but here is my belated birthday post to Hannah Grace! It has been two years since she came into the world and turned our lives upside down (for the better!) We can't imagine our lives without her and her fun-loving little spirit!
So to celebrate we just had a small family get together (I just don't think I'm quite ready to invest in the massive birthday bashes just yet) Since all of my family is out of town it was just us and Ryan's family and my friend Rachel, who just so happened to be in town, came by for a little while too! So even though it is a small crowd, I still like to try to make it feel like it is a special day for her. When she woke up her daddy took her to get doughnuts (which were really for him because she can't eat them, but it was still fun for her to go=). We spent the morning preparing the food and house. Here was our little set up for her in the eating area.

While she was taking a nap, I had taken out the princess castle that Uncle Ross and Aunt Lori had bought for her for Christmas, and put it up with streamers in the door and filled the floor with balloons (which are one of her favorite things.)

This was a hit for them! They played with the balloons for a long time. Even on Sunday morning we woke up to Hannah standing in our doorway with a balloon in each hand.
Haha. Then we ate, which I had made way too much food (as I usually do) and we will be eating the leftovers for the next week! The worst part is, half of the stuff I made, is stuff Ryan doesn't really eat! So if next time I see you, I look twenty pounds heavier, you will know why =).

I was so anxious to see her open presents, thinking this time she was finally going to be really into it. Well it was funny because she had taken no interest in the presents that were sitting around all day. So we had to try to show her and sure enough, by the end, I would say she had finally gotten the hang of it and realized under that paper was something exciting for her.




She loved all the awesome toys everyone got for her!!
some of what she got included sports toys, things for her dolls, some super cute clothes, a Little People play castle from mom and dad, and things for her "big girl" room, which is supposed to be her main birthday present, but it is still not finished- I will post pictures of it up as soon as we finish it!!

Grandma and Grandpa
Braithwait brought a
TCBY cake since she is allergic to eggs and can't have regular cake or ice cream! (I had tried making a no egg cake that was a terrible flop!) So this was great and she really liked it!

I know we had a ton of fun and I thought it was a great day- I think she knew it was a special day and that she was the "birthday girl", so as far as I'm concerned: mission accomplished.
We love you Hannah and you have grown so fast already and we can't wait to continue to watch you learn and grow. We already can tell you have such a big heart and you are such a blessing and beautiful little girl. We thank God daily for giving you to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment