Monday, August 4, 2008

Wrappin' It Up!

Well if you have actually stuck with me through this entire, very long documentation of our summer vacation this year, then I am thoroughly impressed!!! It only took two days and 12 blog posts!

Some side notes on our trip that I hadn't yet included were-

- Hannah slept in a real big girl bed and loved it! I can't wait to get her room here done now!

- Bennett burnt his hand pretty bad. I was making a cake and pulled the oven down- not used to a low oven, and not used to a little boy who is now pulling up on everything! I felt AWFUL! He screamed for a long time and it took him a very long time to calm down enough to go down for his nap, but after that he was a real trooper!

(My parents dog is in this picture- you can barely see her she is so black!)

-We got incredibly lost in St.Louis because of a shut down interstate on the way home. We were stopping again to have lunch with Michael and Rachel and it ended up taking us about an hour to get to there, when it should have taken maybe 15 minutes. After being lost on the north east side of St. Louis, Ryan and I no longer have any desire to move there. It was an extremely frustrating experience! If it weren't for Hannah so sweetly singer her"ABCs" in the back seat keeping us under control we might have lost it =)

And last but not least, I wanted to thank my parents for an amazing week! They did so much for us and we enjoyed being with them so much. There is one thing in particular that I really learned to appreciate about my parents on this trip. I have often gotten frustrated at the fact that they aren't always the first to pop up and lend a hand with the kids (don't get me wrong- they help, but a lot of times it's because I ask them to- no offense if you guys are reading this =) but I actually came to the realization that they are just still letting us parent our kids. It was neat to see that through this trip, they wanted nothing more than to give us a good time. Of course, they were thrilled to spend time with their grandbabies, but we felt like, at times, they were just there to watch, and just watching us be our family was what was most enjoyable to them! So- no doubt my parents would love to someday soon get their hands on our kids by themselves, but this trip they truly just made it a gift to us- they provided us with a wonderful family vacation with memories we will cherish forever! So thanks mom and dad- we love you!

No comments: