
Today is Ryan and my 3rd anniversary! I can't believe it's already been three years and I can't believe it's only been three years!!! I guess it's probably more surprising to most that it's only been three years, being that we are already in the stage that most people are at after 5 or more years of marriage! Well, to state the obvious- we have been busy in these three years! Hannah Grace came right after our 1st anniversary, Bennett not long after our 2nd, and that makes this anniversary a special one- It is our 1st anniversary not pregnant!
In all seriousness though, I am so blessed to have married someone that I am truly thankful for every day! Ryan and I have our moments, but I so often think about how I married the person who God knew was just right for me! We are alike in all the ways that matter and different in all the ways that matter. Our personalities are very different and we balance each other out perfectly, but we are alike in our views on life and how to raise a family. We are very fortunate because this makes for a well working marriage! In all of the time we have been together (almost 7 years, wow!) we have only gone to bed upset at each other one time. This is due, first of all to the fact that neither one of us can stay mad at each other for very long, but more so, due to the fact that I have a sweet husband who is always the first to apologize ( he balances out my stubbornness=) AND we both like to eat leftovers- now that's a match made in heaven! Haha, don't underestimate the common bond of being able to eat leftovers!
Not only is Ryan a wonderful, loving, and patient husband, I also couldn't have picked a better dad for my kids! He is the type of guy that would choose to be with his kids over playing sports, going out with the guys, etc. (well except maybe for when it comes to Nebraska football ;-) Just playin' babe!) He can't wait to come home every day and be with his family, and that alone, I know, is something I take for granted.
I am so thankful to have a husband who I know will love me through all things and will stand by my side. Many who don't understand a commitment grounded in Christ, can't understand the idea of the security of knowing that, with God's grace, you can be confident that you will face all things together and see them through to the end- both the ups and the downs of life. SO thank you Ryan for being such a wonderful husband and father. I love you! Here's to many more anniversaries to come- I can't wait to see where else life will take us, together.




1 comment:
Awww! That is so sweet! I hope yall had a great anniversary! Happy 3rd! :)
Post a Comment